This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

General Improvements / Suggestions

Jan 29, 2015 at 11:05 AM
Edited Feb 3, 2015 at 8:50 AM
Can I suggest the following Improvements / Changes
  • Add borders to the windows and pop up screens as when the GUI is run on a Windows 2008 R2 server via RDP they are hard to see as shown in the images below. (I added a 3 pixel Wheat border to "MainView.xaml", "ForwardView.xaml", "MimePartView.xaml", "OptionsView.xaml" & "RulesConfigurationView.xaml").
  • I also removed the Foreground colour attribute of the two TextBlocks inside the grid inside "MessageListView.xaml" as this was causing the selected message to have very dark text on a with a dark blue background, hence difficult to see as shown in the images below.
  • Add %BaseDirectory%\Incoming; to default folder watch list in app.config.
  • Change filename format of saved email to "yyyyMMdd-HHmmss-FFFRANDOM.eml" to make it a little bit easier to see when files arrived when viewing Incoming folder.
  • Make the MIME part viewer scrollable via the cursor keys. (I added IsReadOnlyCaretVisible="True" to the text box in "MimePartView.xaml").
Edit 30-Jan-2015

I have attached a couple of screen shots taken from one of my Windows 2008 R2 VMs on Azure It has the Desktop Experience feature installed. NB: If the images do not show it may be you company's firewall which is blocking them.

http://i.imgur.com/LFUTW1X.png shows main GUI with a selected email

http://i.imgur.com/NXW9kGE.png shows how a PopUp windows almost vanishes.

Papercut displays fine on my Windows 7 Laptop and has a nice 3D effect with shadows, so the answer is probably to detect if the OS is capable of displaying the 3D effects and if not degrade to 2D with borders.

I hope you find these suggestions useful, Papercut is an excellent tool and I now use it on my dev and test virtual servers.

/Mike
Coordinator
Feb 4, 2015 at 5:43 PM
Thanks for your feedback, Mike.

Any chance you can do a pull request with these suggestions/changes?
Feb 4, 2015 at 6:10 PM

Hi Jaben,

Glad you approve of my suggestions, thought I would ask if you liked them before doing pull request.

Bear with me while I find out how to do this in git.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Thanks for your feedback, Mike.

Any chance you can do a pull request with these suggestions/changes?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email ([email removed])

To start a new discussion for this project, email [email removed]

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Feb 5, 2015 at 9:39 AM
Hi Jaben,

Pull request done.

/Mike