Windows 8 Compatibility

Dec 16, 2013 at 9:23 PM
I have been trying to get Papercut to run on Windows 8 and pick up the emails coming from my PHP web app that I have running in Xampp. I have Papercut listening on port 25 and listening on all IP addresses which would include the 127.0.0.1 address for Xampp Localhost and I have tried running Papercut as administrator with no results.

So my question is if Papercut is Windows 8 compatible or am I doing something wrong?
Coordinator
Dec 17, 2013 at 11:38 PM
I run Windows 8.1 and have zero issues with Papercut. Sorry -- don't have any suggestions for you.
May 29, 2014 at 2:03 PM
Edited May 29, 2014 at 2:12 PM
Try downloading the .zip version. I had problems with the ClickOnce version but it worked when I used the .zip.

I would recommend you extract the contents of the .zip version into a directly under your C: drive (e.g. C:\papercut).
Jul 31, 2014 at 10:27 AM
I know it's old post but if you want to use Papercut & Xampp you need to set php.ini (click on "Config" and then "php.ini")
There is [mail function] and uncomment this:
SMTP = localhost
smtp_port = 25

Also you have to comment the option mailtodisk (these option saves emails to your disc in "mailoutput" folder. You always have to choose only one option how to send emails from your app :-)

Aug 12, 2015 at 8:57 PM
I'm using windows 10 and I've been trying to set up smtp for DesktopServer (which is really just xampplite) all day to no avail and lots of frustration. I tried papercut once and didn't get anything with it, but came back to it again. The first time I had missed the important line in the screenshot.... commenting out the sendmail_path

So a summary of what I did would be:

Download the papercut .zip files
Extract to C:\papercut
Go to C:\papercut and double-click Install-Papercut-Service
accept the elevated prompts

now go to your php.ini file

SMTP = localhost
smtp_port = 25

and don't forget to comment out by placing a ; in front
;sendmail_path = "\"C:xampp\sendmail\sendmail.exe\" -t"

restart the Apache server via the xamp console (or xampplite or Desktopserver, whatever)

now run C:\papercut\papercut.exe

do something in your local site that triggers an email. For example a WordPress password reset.

6 hours later, emails finally visible!