Papercut v184.108.40.206 (2015-2-1)
• Added Bcc support to message saving. Before the value was just getting thrown away.
• Fixes issue clicking some urls.
• Added conditional forward rule with retry.
• Fix for minor issue when saving and the window height/width is saved incorrectly.
Papercut v220.127.116.11 (2015-6-25)
Improvement: #9864 “Log View” added to show all internal logging information for that session.
Fixed: #9874 Message loading exception was not properly handled causing an unhandled exception and failure.
Fixed: #9872 On some systems there were permissions issues accessing the IP addresses for the local system causing an unhandled exception and failure.Jstedfast
(author of MimeKit
) Pull Request:
- Rewrote and improved the logic that renders the email HTML.
's Pull Request:
Thank you to the both contributors!
- Fixed: #9870 When Aero composition is disabled, windows didn’t have a drop shadow making them hard to see. Now they have a solid border.
- Fixed: Mark of the Web “ActiveX” security warning on email display.
- Improvement: Upgraded to Calburn Micro v2.0
Setting up the Papercut.Service
Papercut.Service.exe uses Topshelf library (http://topshelf-project.com) which gives it versatility.
Run Papercut.Service Options:
- Option 1: Run from the command line: "Papercut.Service.exe" runs the process directly from the the command line. Then you can configure the Service by running the Papercut.exe.
- Option 2: Install as a service: From command line run the "Install-Papercut-Service.bat" and it will install using one command: "Papercut.Service.exe install --sudo" and start the service. Then you can configure the Service by running the Papercut.exe.
Additional Service Options:
Topshelf offers an array of configuration options from the command line. Type "Papercut.Service.exe help" for a listing of the options.
Configuration of the Service:
Papercut.Service does not require manual editing of files to run or configure
. The Papercut.exe and Papercut.Service.exe processes, when run at the same time, will communicate and handle configuration automatically. e.g. When you change the SMTP settings in the UI options, it automatically pushes those changes (and saves them) in the Service.
But, if you do need to manually configure, all the settings are in the default Papercut.Service.json
file with comments.