This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Source Tracking

Jul 25, 2013 at 9:28 PM
We have multiple sources using the SMTP server and it is becoming increasingly difficult to figure out which emails came from which system. Would it be possible to consider some sort of sorting mechanism? Either listening on different ports for each application or being able to sort by source IP all the messages? If there was some way of attaching a friendly name to either the port or source IP that would be ideal. That way when viewing the messages I can sort and say show me all the "Peoplesoft Dev Messages"

The ability to delete based on the sort criteria would be extra awesome.

As this product grows this is going to become more and more difficult.

Thoughts? Possible?
Aug 8, 2013 at 3:39 PM
Can you explain this request a bit more... is this for Papercut or just the SMTP server component?
Aug 30, 2013 at 2:00 AM
I think I get this request now... here's my thoughts: a regular expression rule list that is run when the email comes in... in your case you would select the match type (e.g. IP address) and what it would "tag" that email with... which it could be multiple. Those tags could have colors associated or something similar and would be listed with the email information as well as be filterable by tag.